I’m thrilled to announce that I’m a judge for the 2015 AOL Fall Beauty Awards! Part of my job was to try 20+ skincare products, and I’m excited to tell you guys about the cream of the crop. Here are the seven products I couldn’t get enough of:
1. Bliss Micro Magic ($48) – Micro Magic is, hands down, the most incredible at-home microdermabrasion treatment I’ve ever tried. Formulated with fine volcanic pumice, vitamin E, and soothing aloe, this product exfoliates like no other.
I promise that you’ll see AND feel a difference after one wash! $48 may seem pricy but this item’s worth every penny! Use it twice a week after cleansing for max results.
2. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve ($5.50) – If you have dry lips, this item is a must-have. It’s emulsified with rose extract, which conditions and helps ease irritation. As a plus, it smells like heaven and gives you a light pink tint. I like to apply a thin layer before bed to keep my pucker moisturized.
3. Artistry Youth Xtend Enriching Cream ($79.30) – Artistry may just be my new fave skincare line. This cream is unreal because it works overnight to “reprogram” your skin – it repairs existing damage, while improving smoothness and radiance.
Made of life-extending mediterranean botanical, this cream encourages skin’s natural youth protein production. FYI, it’s currently on sale at Amazon for $79.30 (it’s originally $169.95). Purchase this STAT before it sells out. I promise you’ll thank me when your skin’s softer than a baby’s bottom, ha. In my humble opinion, this cream’s better than La Mer’s famous moisturizing soft cream.
4. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads ($15 for 30, $30 for 60) – I don’t know about you guys, but toner’s a must for my daily skincare routine. I usually use liquid toner, but I like these because they tone and exfoliate! Ingredients include cucumber, indian gooseberry, lemon peel, and licorice root. Note: these pads are perfect for sensitive skin because they’re free of harsh chemicals and colorants.
5. Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser ($40) – I know I listed Bliss’ exfoliating treatment above, but this cleanser’s different because it’s gentle enough for daily use. Murad recommends using it 2-3 times a week, but IMO as long as you’re not rubbing furiously, you can use it everyday.
It’s made of three exfoliating agents – salicylic acid, lactic acid, and glycolic acid – and Jojoba skin-polishing beads. The aforementioned ingredients loosen dulling buildup and polish excess debris.
6. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil ($49) – This product is everything. It’s seriously the best argan oil I’ve ever used. Grown organically in Morocco, this formula contains healing, conditioning, and anti-aging properties. I apply this on my face (over my moisturizing cream) 1-2x a week and on the ends of my wet hair daily.
7. Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 ($270) – Man, Erno Laszlo knows good skincare. This incredible cream will seriously impress – this is luxury at its finest. Rich, tropical tamanu oil boosts skin health and promotes rapid healing, while dromiceius oil restores the skin’s moisture barrier and stimulates cell renewal. Note: this product apparently smoothes scars, wounds, and burns (in addition to dry skin) – I can’t really comment because I don’t have any notable marks.
Have you guys tried any of these? If yes, what are your thoughts, and which beauty products are you loving lately? Let me know by leaving a comment and see more on beauty here. See you all next time!