Located in Old Town Alexandria, Barca’s a stunning waterfront pier and wine bar. Although there’s both indoor and outdoor dining available, you definitely want to try and get a table on the water. Because who wouldn’t want to enjoy delicious food and drink with a view?
I first met chef Bryant Haren at Gravitas pre-pandemic. If you’re unfamiliar with said restaurant, it’s a fabulous one Michelin-star located in Ivy City.
So, expect to enjoy delicious Spanish-Mediterranean cuisine during your evening out. I recommend getting a bunch of tapas to share because sharing is caring, and we all need a little more of that in our lives.
I went with my good friend Tim, and we got a beautiful spread between the two of us. We went with all of chef’s recommendations so suffice it to say, everything was on point. Here’s a list of must try dishes for you guys so y’all can get in on the deliciousness as well:
- tzatziki: labneh, greek yogurt, cucumbers, dill, garlic, warm bread
- papas bravas: crispy potatoes, mojo rojo, lemon-garlic aioli
- gambas al ajillo: jumbo shrimp, garlic, shallots, aleppo chile, sherry, olive oil, butter, dill
- serrano ham croquetas: manchego, aleppo-orange honey
- tuna crudo: watermelon shrub, cucumber, candied pumpkin seeds, mint, arbequina olive oil
Highly, HIGHLY recommend! If you’re looking to enjoy a fun night out with friends or have a romantic evening with your partner, definitely make sure to secure a reservation stat. I’m more than confident you’ll have a memorable experience!
A huge thanks to chef Bryant and his team for taking such good care of us. I’m already looking forward to next time! For more on delish eats, make sure to browse this tab and check out my secondary food blog for more content. Sending you all big hugs – until next time!