A few weeks ago, I wrote a post called “Top Makeup Products You Need To Try,” and since then, I’ve been getting requests to share my skincare routine as well. I figured I’d tackle that topic today since I haven’t blogged about beauty in a while.
So, it’s pretty obvious that I’m passionate about glam living on a budget, and I don’t splurge unless I think it’s necessary or 200% justified.Skincare is one thing that I don’t mind spending money on. Not everything I use is expensive by any means, but if I find a pricy moisturizer or serum and think it’s completely legit, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat.
I don’t go out and get facials on the regular though. I’ve gotten a handful in the past and only because they were comped experiences! However, I’m all about treating myself at home, and relevant posts are as follows: My At-Home Spa Routine & Give Yourself the Perfect Mani: Must-Have Tools. I’m a stickler when it comes to both my morning and nighttime regimens so there’s a lot to discuss so let’s get to it.
My Morning Skincare Routine:
1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser ($8.99): The first thing I do when I wake up is wash my face with this cleanser. I like it because it’s a gentle yet effective. It removes surface oils and impurities without drying you out. It’s non-irritating formula is great for the AM because my face is already clean, and the only thing on it is residue from the products I’ve used the night before.
2. Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer SPF 15 ($12.20): Then I pat on this sunscreen/moisturizer. I’ve tried several different kinds, and while many are good, I’m team Olay because it’s hydrating, protective, and budget-friendly. You know me, I’m a sucker for a good deal!
3. e.l.f. Eye Refresh ($4): The skin around my eyes gets pretty dry so I always make sure to use eye cream or gel to keep the area nicely hydrated because I don’t want to get crow’s feet! Be very gentle during application. Use your ring finger and pat product in gently – rubbing is a serious no-no.
4. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve ($7.50): Last but not least, I swipe a bit of this onto my pucker to finish my morning routine off. It does a great job hydrating my lips, and it smells divine which is a huge plus. If you’re going to spend the day out basking in the sun, I recommend using Supergoop’s lip screen since it’s SPF 50.
5. It Cosmetics’ Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Balm Treatment ($24): If you follow me on instagram, you already know I’m a huge fan of this product. I own all three shades, but my go-to is Rose. This lippie is infused with essential butters and oils that smooth the look of lip lines and lock in moisture while giving you a natural pop of color – think your lips but better. $25 is a bit of a splurge, but this will last you a long time, and I guarantee it’ll become a favorite!
My Nighttime Skincare Routine:
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover ($7.99): As you guys can see, my nighttime regimen is way more rigorous than my morning routine. I start by diligently removing all my eye makeup with a tissue. Like I mentioned earlier, this area’s super sensitive so it’s important that you pat and avoid rubbing at all costs. I’ve used a lot of different removers in my time, and I can say with the utmost confidence that nothing works as well as this.
2. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($29.89 f0r 114): If I’m wearing any kind of face make-up (ex. foundation or cc cream.), I make sure to remove it all pre-wash with these cleansing cloths. I’m a stickler about it because I don’t want to clog my pores.
And on that note, always, always make sure you wash your face. The worst thing you can do to your skin is sleep with a face full of makeup on. If you’re too tired, make sure to at least take a second to wipe your face with one of these towelettes.
3. Shiseido SWL Brightening Cleansing Foam ($40): Then I wash my face with this cleansing foam. It’s definitely a bit of a splurge, but a little goes a long way so it’ll last you months! It’s by far my favorite nighttime cleanser because it removes all kinds of residue with its intense lather.
4. Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask ($25): Sheet masks are an absolute must in my book – they do wonders for my skin so I always have some handy. I like to experiment with different brands at my local TJ Maxx – they carry a ton of k-beauty brands – but if I’m looking to really spoil myself, my go-to is Tatcha’s Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask. It’ll boost the moisture content of your skin by up to 200% in 15 minutes so it’s worth the splurge. Simply peel off the cover, put it on your face for 20-30 minutes, and then apply cream on top.
5. Lancome Tonique Confort ($54): If I’m not sheet-masking it up, I apply this toner to soften my skin. It definitely doesn’t come cheap, but you’ll feel like a queen using this because it’s really luxe! TIP: if you live near an outlet mall, check to see if they have a Cosmetics Company factory outlet. I go to Grove City often so I always grab this when I’m low in stock. It’s substantially cheaper, especially during blowout sales so definitely take advantage.
7. Creme de La Mer Moisturizing Cream ($90-2000 depending on size): Now this is the epitome of a skincare splurge. I’ve purchased this about 2-3x total, and although it’s done wonders for my skin, it’s done some serious damage to my wallet. If I buy this, it’s because there was a huge promo going on…or my face needed serious R&R, and I mean serious.
There are a lot of other great creams out there that are far more affordable, but this is like the Lamborghini of face creams. Pro tip: Costco sometimes sells this for a fraction of the price. It’s still really expensive, but it’s far cheaper than Nordstrom or any other high-end retailer. You gotta check often though and having ninja-like reflexes definitely helps!
8. Olay Regenerist Sculpting Face Cream ($28.99): This is a really solid face cream that I use frequently. I bounce from product to product because I like trying different things, but this is definitely one of my go-tos. My skin’s fairly dry so my main concern 99% of the time is hydration. This quenches my skin like a boss so if your face feels dehydrated, give this a try! It’s great for most skin types, and it’s budget-friendly which is always a win in my book.
9. L’occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Comforting Cream ($34): Like the Olay cream mentioned above, this is another one of my go-tos, but it’s geared towards those of you with dry to very dry skin. This is a product I especially enjoy using during the wintertime when my skin needs a little extra love.
The texture’s is luxe so you’ll feel like you’re treating yourself each and every time; think creamy with a melting texture that’ll leave your face supple and soft. It’s made with a very high concentration of organic shea butter so you’ll notice a difference within the first few days of application.
10. Amorepacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Recovery Masque ($60): Hands down, the most amazing overnight treatment you’ll ever use. Apply a thin coat – think dime size – over your moisturizer and let it work its magic. Formulated with 5-Hydra Complex (a potent blend of Asian botanicals that deliver mad hydration), this product is lightweight and wildly effective. I use this about 1-2x a week when my skin feels extra dry.
10. Kiehl’s Midnight Recover Concentrate ($50): Another fabulous item that helps me combat dryness! This replenishing nighttime oil regenerates, restores, and replenishes skin like nobody’s business. The Kiehl’s site tells you to apply 2-3 drops before moisturizing, but I prefer putting it on after. That’s just me though! Do as you please.
11. Vaseline ($1.79): To finish off my nighttime routine, I slather on good ol’ fashioned vaseline on my lips! If you want something fancier, try Hourglass’ No 28 Lip Treatment Oil. I also recently purchased avashine’s lip mask, and I’m very much a fan. It contains and uber moisturizing collagen peptide formula that helps renew lip and skin tissue while proving deep hydration. Simply apply a thin layer before bedtime and wake up with a perfect pout!
My nighttime hydrating routine is as follows: sheet mask or washable mask, toner (if I don’t mask), cream, and oil or sleeping mask, and in case you’re wondering, I use masks 2-3x a week max. Many of these products have been long-time favorites of mine, but I’m always trying new things so keep an eye out for my monthly beauty favorites. You can also binge read my beauty archives if you’re interested!
Also, as important as my beauty regimen is to me, THE most important thing – and I can’t stress this enough – is living a healthy lifestyle. That means no smoking, drinking in moderation, eating healthily, sleeping consistently, and exercising regularly.
If you treat your body like crap, you’ll look like crap regardless of what you use on your face. You can slather on bottles of La Mer and it won’t do jack unless you’re being good to yourself. Remember, your body’s your temple! Treat it so and your results will be glorious. To access my posts regarding health and wellness, click here!
Anywho, I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my daily skincare routine. If you have any questions about products or whatnot, don’t hesitate to reach out! And if there’s a topic you’d like me to tackle, let me know. Until next time, friends.
Really great products and tips! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Of course! Let me know if you have any questions =)
oh wow! Thanks for sharing this, your skin is amazing!
You need to take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites online. I'm going to highly recommend this website!
Aw that means SO much to me! I'm really glad you enjoyed the post. Please let me know if you have any requests for topics =) I'd be happy to tackle them.
It Cosmetics’ Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Balm Treatment is my fav lip balm too. It helped alot to cure my extreme dry lips during my pregnancy