Alright everyone, today’s post is all about beauty. I’ve gotten a lot of emails from you guys asking about my favorite products so I thought it’d be good to share my everyday makeup essentials with you all. I’ve used many of these for years now, and I swear by them! Sooo, without further ado, let’s kick things off with my favorite brow products.
Must Try Brow Products:
1. L’oreal Brow Stylist Prep & Shape Pro Kit in Light to Medium ($14.99): This product is an absolute must-have in my book. Groomed brows ooze polish so I always make sure to take extra care of them. With this kit, it takes less than 2 minutes. I brush them quickly before shaping them with wax, then fill them in with eyebrow powder.
2. Smashbox Brow Tech Shaping Powder in Taupe ($25): After using my L’oreal kit to give my brows a solid base, I fill in sparse areas with this powder. The applicator’s very easy to control so shaping’s a breeze, even for a makeup “noob.”
Also, for those of you interested, microblading’s a great option. It’s semi-permanent so it lasts up to 3 years or so, and you only need to touch things up every 12-18 months. You get a nice, natural look when healed, and it restores shape and fullness to your brows. If you’re not a fan of doing them up on the regular, this low maintenance procedure could be the way to go.
Must Try Makeup for Your Eyes:
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Eye Pencil in Black ($27): I’ve been using this liner for years! I like to line the bottom of my eyes with it first before tackling my lids. I always go bold on top, but I STILL don’t feel comfortable just going for it with liquid liner so I sketch out my lines in advance to make sure everything’s straight and even. That way, I can “correct” whatever goes wrong easily.
2. e.l.f. Intense Ink Eyeliner ($3): Hands down, my favorite liquid liner – it works super well, and it’s super affordable, which is a must in my book. The applicator’s easy to use so it takes less than 3 minutes to execute. If you’re a fan of cat eye or dramatic eyeliner, you’ll want to pick this up for yourself ASAP.
3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara ($25): Get serious volume without clumping! Slowly coat each and every lash and experiment with layering if you’re looking to up your eye game.
4. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($23): The best lash curler you’ll ever use! Many use it pre-mascara, but I like to curl them after application as well – just make sure your lashes are completely dry before getting your curl on. Simply place it as close to your eyelid as possible (without pinching your skin) and gently press. Hold for 5-10 seconds and work outwards for perfect peepers.
Top Makeup for Your Skin:
1. Nars Blush in Orgasm ($30): I own SO many blushes, but this baby’s my go-to. It’s an oldie but a goodie for sure. The peachy pink shade has just the right amount of shimmer, and I love its natural finish.
2. Anastasia Contour Kit ($40): This kit’s pricy, but it’s worth every penny IMHO. Sculpt your features with ease with these 6 beautiful + blendable shades. There are two kits available: light to medium & medium to tan. I own the former, and the colors complement my asian skin tone perfectly. Havana’s my favorite bronzer, but if I’m in the mood for something more subtle, I go with Fawn. Banana’s the perfect highlighter, and Vanilla + Sand help mask zits and/or red marks.
3. e.l.f. Brushes: Obsessed with these brushes! I own several of ’em, but my favorites include: the small tapered brush (for foundation + highlighter), the stipple brush (for bronzer), and the powder brush (for blush).
4. NYX Concealer ($6): This has been a staple in my beauty routine for years now. It’s honestly one of the best concealers I’ve ever used! I don’t like wearing a full face of makeup on the daily so I mask my imperfections with a swipe of this. It’s easy to blend, lasts all day long, and is super affordable so it’s a must-have in my book.
Must Try Lip Products:
1. Vaseline ($4.49): As much as I love fancy moisturizing lippies, nothing hydrates my pucker more than a tub of vaseline. I always make sure to slather some on before bedtime to keep my mouth nice and moisturized.
2a. Mac Lip Pencil in Spice ($18): Alright, so these next 2 go hand-in-hand because the colors work SO well together. As I’m sure many of you know, I’m all about nude lips. I like experimenting with different shades for special occasions, but this is def. my go-to everyday color. I start by lining my cupid’s bow. Do NOT try to execute this in one stroke – I’ve found that small dashes work best. I then carefully overdraw my lower lip to create the illusion of a fuller pout.
2b. Kate Moss for Rimmel London Lipstick No. 47 ($4.97): After lining my lips, I fill them in with this lipstick! I seriously can’t get enough of it. The lasting power’s impressive, and it keeps my mouth hydrated throughout the day.
3. NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses ($6.50): I own a bunch of these glosses, and they’re literally the best because they’re fairly affordable and look super pretty. If you want recommendations, Sweetheart and Pink Frost are my favorite colors! If you’re looking to experiment with new lippies, I highly suggest checking these babies out at your local Ulta. You’re welcome in advance.
What are some of your everyday makeup essentials? Do you guys use any of these items? If yes, which ones? Leave me a comment below! I’d love to hear from y’all. For more on makeup, click here.