Beyond excited to discuss summer hair care with you guys today on Sensible Stylista! I’m partnering up with Hair Cuttery for my latest to tell you about the different products I’ve been using to keep my hair healthy and beautiful this season. To be honest, I like keeping things as simple as possible when it comes to my mane. I’ve never dyed it – yes, my hair is naturally brown – and I air dry it as much as possible. I DO straighten or curl it when I go out, but I always make sure to use heat protectant spray to save my strands. I also visit my local Hair Cuttery for trims on the regular to take care of split ends. Their cuts are affordable, and they always do a solid job so they keep both me and my wallet happy.
It’s important to be extra careful during the summer because harmful UV rays and humidity can do serious damage to your mane. The summer sun can cause split ends, frizz, and dandruff so preventative care is a must. If you spend a lot of time out in the sun, I highly recommend wearing a cute straw hat for coverage. Also, avoid over-washing your hair and make sure you deep condition once a week.
My summer hair care kit contains the following products:
- KaPow Dry Shampoo: this product absorbs oil, extends blowouts and creates a tousled, sexy texture that’s perfect for summer.
- Finisha Finishing Spray: you get a medium hold with this paraben-free spray, and it’s resistant to humidity. It’s ideal for heat styling, and you get serious shine from the argan & coconut oils.
- Cibu Color Shampoo & Conditioner: these products are sulfate-free and color safe. They product and nourish color treated hair, and the ingredients minimize color fading. I obviously have no need for this set, but I hear really fantastic things about it so I wanted to recommend it to you guys since I know many of you color your mane.
- Cibu 3 in 1 Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash: this multi-functional product is naturally anti-microbial – wasabi root eliminates pore clogging bacteria build up, which fights “b-ache” and dandruff. It contains wild mint, eucalyptus, and menthol to refresh your skin and scalp. Sulfate & paraben-free!
- Cibu Curl Magnet: creates definition and separation and provides controlled hold for curls and waves. It’s ideal for air dry looks and blocks humidity and frizz all night long.
- OPI Infinite Shine Polish Set: when applied properly (primer base coat, laquer, gloss top coat), your mani will last up to 11 days. Infinite shine is a cross between their original lacquer and GelColor formula (minus the LED light), and the color lasts like a gel but it removes like a polish. It’s also safe for acrylic nails for those of you wondering.
The Cibu 3 in 1 is great because I only have to worry about carrying one tube. I like to travel light whenever possible so this product is a godsend. I have naturally wavy hair so when I’m feeling lazy I scrunch it with Curl Magnet post shower for an effortless look. As mentioned previously, over-washing is a no-no so dry shampoo is a summer staple. Have you guys used any of these products before? Let me know by leaving a comment below, friends.
I’m actually pretty lazy when it comes to nail care, but OPI has been and always will be my favorite brand when it comes to manis/pedis. Love, love, love wearing red! It’s such a power color, and it really goes with any and every look. What color do you guys like to wear on the daily? And is there a specific brand you gravitate towards?
Diet obviously plays a huge factor in keeping your mane shiny and beautiful so make sure you’re eating lots of eggs, berries, and healthy fats to promote hair health. Omega-3 is crucial. I’m not big into fish so I take supplements, but for those of you who enjoy it, indulge in some salmon and mackerel.
Vitamin B5 (also known as pantothenic acid) is also another must. This ingredient will fight hair loss so you definitely want to make sure you stay on top of your intake. Greek yogurt contains both B5 and protein so it fights hair thinning while promoting growth. Lean poultry also helps – chicken and turkey are my meats of choice since they have less saturated fat than beef or pork. I could honestly go on and on about diet, but I’ll stop here so I don’t bore you guys. If you want to hear more, let me know and I’ll write a dedicated post on the topic. Anywho, that’s a wrap for today! Thanks for much for reading, friends. I share new content every Monday and Thursday so make sure to check back soon. Until next time! Sending lots of love from the DMV.
Photography by the wonderful Sung Shin and sponsored by Hair Cuttery. To read more on hair, click here!